假設語氣 If 用法
1. 與現在事實相反 If + S + V-ed/were..., S would V....
If I knew her number, I would phone her.
If I were a bird, I would fly to her house.
2. 與過去事實相反 If + S + had V-en/been..., S would have V-en....
If I had asked for her phone number, I would have asked her out.
If I had been more active, I would have gone on a date with her.
1. ( ) If John __________ a girl, he would be a super model.
(A) is (B) am (C) was (D) were
2. ( ) If the Japanese __________ Taiwan, what would have happened?
(A) didn't occupy (B) doesn't occupy (C) hasn't occupied (D) hadn't occupied
假設語氣 Wish 用法
1. 與現在事實相反： S wish S + V-ed/were....
I wish I knew her number.
I wish I were a bird.
2. 與過去事實相反： S wish S + had V-en/been....
I wish I had asked for her phone number at the party.
I wish I had been more active.
1. I wish my father ________(be) Bill Gates. However, it would never be true.
2. I wish our government _________(rescue) the victims earlier.
假設感嘆 How 用法
1. 與現在事實相反： How S wish S + V-ed/were...!
How I wish I knew her number!
How I wish I were a bird!
2. 與過去事實相反： How S wish S + had V-en/been...!
How I wish I had asked for her phone number!
How I wish I had been more active!
Exercise: Please write a sentence for each situation beginning with How.
1. It is going to rain, but I don't have an umbrella with me.
2. The typhoon struck Taiwan with heavy rain, so it caused severe damage.